"Tell your children of Him, and let your children tell their children, and their children to another generation." Joel 1:3

Sunday, April 18, 2010

Sunday Snapshot: The Falls

Today was such a beautiful day, we took full advantage of it. We made a trip to the Falls.

I love that we live in an area where you can drive 30 minutes and either be in the heart of downtown or at a beautiful river with a waterfall and natural trails. Makes for lots to do on a sunny day.

April around here isn't usually so warm....it's not even uncommon to have snow still on the ground. So when it is nice, people come out of the woodwork.
We invited Mindy and Kaylee to come along and even ran into some friends while we were there.

The boys wanted to give their feet a dip. They were actually surprised at how cold it was. Umm....yah, duh. :)





I love when we can do things as a family without spending a dime. That's my kind of day.
And frankly, the boys are much more happy with a picnic,

walking trails,

wading in the water,

and football with dad

than they are with any old expensive movie or bowling trip.
I would have to agree.

Ni Hao Y'all

4 comments:

the meaklims said...

I love nature and picnics. It's the little simple things in life, like this, that makes life more beautiful and me more appreciative.

Lovely.

Jill

Stefanie said...

I totally agree... simple afternoons spent together, outdoors, enjoying the gift of nature... priceless!
Looks like an absolutely beautiful day :)
Happy Sunday!

Chris said...

Wow, five boys!!!
How cool is that???

Looks like y'all had a blast!!!
That is definitely my kind of day!!!

Sharon said...

My favorite kind of day! The simpler, the better! Your boys are adorable!