"Tell your children of Him, and let your children tell their children, and their children to another generation." Joel 1:3

Thursday, April 22, 2010

Laundry

It's safe to assume that when you have a family of 7, there's gonna be a fair amount of laundry. Okay, I get that. But this whole "I need to get caught up on laundry" has always been a foreign concept to me. There is no catching up at my house.....only "let's at least do enough to not get buried in it".
Between Tues. and Wed. I think I did about 20 loads of laundry. No, that is not an exaggeration to make the story more interesting. I literally mean I did 20 loads. Now, this did include all bedsheets and even a blanket, but that only accounts for about 4. I admit I got very behind on it recently.....ya think?.....but this had got to be a record. Usually I would periodically have the boys start an assemble line of bringing piles to the rooms they belong, but this time, as the folded piles got higher, I found myself wanting to see just how high they could get before either completely falling over or crushing the table underneath with their weight. Neither happened and the result was staggering.

What you can't see in these pics is that the piles are 3 deep as well....all just as high.
Can you believe that Jason actually says all the time that we need more towels. Gulp!

Then there's the socks. Let's talk about the socks. There are enough socks in this house to cover the cold feet of every person in Alaska.

Two baskets catch them all as I throw them out of the dryer. Once they get pretty full (or once we're all sick of going into the laundry room and matching a pair every morning....whichever comes first) we bring the baskets upstairs and start the dreaded pairing. It is a chore we all hate doing......so lately I've been having the boys do it. Hey, I should be able to get out of at least one dreaded chore.

So....here I am. Sitting here knowing that all the laundry is done. None in the bedrooms. None lurking under beds. None in the bathrooms. Done. Hmm....I can honestly say that is the first time I've ever said that.

Well, I'm off. Going to some garage sales this morning so I can buy more clothes and create more laundry.

It's like the circle of life. Well....it's the circle of my life.

2 comments:

Debi Fairweather said...

hahahahahaa.. omgoodness!! what fun that is =) Pops and i get crazy with 4 loads hehehe. poor girl , whan i win the lottery i will hire you a LAUNDRY person for the next 20 years i promise you this :)

hehehe love ya girl ....
Debi

Shirlee McCoy said...

Wow! I am so impressed both with your ability to do so many loads of laundry and by the sheer amount!

Of course, I think the pile of dirty clothes in our laundry room comes close to rivaling your clean clothes pile. ;0)