"Tell your children of Him, and let your children tell their children, and their children to another generation." Joel 1:3

Saturday, April 17, 2010

Reunion

Hard to believe, but my 20 year high school reunion will be this year. I know everyone is supposed to say that "I can't believe it's been 20 years", but I really can't. And last night when I met 2 old.....not old...prior...LOL...classmates for dinner, it seemed more surreal than ever. I have not seen either of these girls for almost the whole 20 years. I think we said a few hi's at the 5 year, but that was it. Funny thing is, as soon as I saw them it was as if no time had gone by. Weird how that happens. We were getting together to discuss plans for our reunion this year.....did I mention that I'm in charge of planning it?? Yah, I was bored, nothing to do, not busy enough, so I though....I know, I'll plan the reunion. Actually as it turns out, no one else was really stepping up and it's getting to be about that time when something needs to be put into the works so what the hell. I was able to recruit a few other people to help out and that was what last night was for. Since we hadn't seen each other in so long, the majority of our evening was gabbing and catching up on things. We sat at our table for 4 hours (leaving a hefty tip for our poor waitress who could have gone through 2 other parties by then). It was really fun. I'm looking forward to this. We've all got some calls to make and we'll be getting together other times to keep moving forward on it.
I'm really anxious to see a lot of people. I went to our 5 yr. which was just the same thing, different day. I was in North Carolina for our 10 year (and Jay was in Italy) so I missed that one, and then we never had a 15 year. So this will be a lot of fun to see what everyone is up to.

1 comment:

Sue said...

Man..I am older then you....I went to my 5 year...skipped my 10 and 15...and went to my 20. People were so much more mature and it was a lot of fun too. Have fun planning