.....as far as the eye can see. My gosh, where do they all come from. It's like the loaves and fishes....you fold, you put away...there are still just as many.
This is the result of my twice a year change out of the boys' clothes from summer to winter. Over the years, I've gotten it down to a science (though my pictures of the madness may show otherwise).
Here are the steps to this dreaded task.
1. Get all laundry done so that the summer clothes are all clean.
2. Have the boys empty their drawers and bring the clothes into the family room. See picture below.
3. Take a deep breath upon seeing all the clothes from all 5 dressers.
4. Start folding and organizing them by child and season. Each boys 'keep in my drawer' pile and each one's 'pack away for winter' pile....that's 10 piles for those keeping track.
5. Bring in the bins from garage with all the winter clothes....scratch that...have HUBBY bring in all the bins from garage.
6. Go through them one by one to see if they will fit one of the boys for winter...then place it in the "keep" pile.
7. Put the summer clothes IN the bin to be stored til spring.
8. Have boys bring up all their respective clothes piles and fill their drawers once again for the season.
9. Have hubby put bins back INTO the garage until it's warm enough for shorts once again.
10. Thank God that I only have to do this twice a year.