"Tell your children of Him, and let your children tell their children, and their children to another generation." Joel 1:3

Thursday, March 18, 2010

Never thought of it that way

Two things cracked me up today, compliments of my youngest and oldest children.
I was listening to the radio this morning and Tanner heard them talk about the President. He said, "Mom, the President is a real person" (I suppose this meant as apposed to some super hero or fictional character).
"Yep", I said..."do you know his name?"
"Um, George Washington?"
"No...but that was a good guess, he was our very first President"
"Ummm, George Bush?"
"Nope, but he was our last President."
"Spongebob Squarepants?"
------------------------------------

Tonight, after work, I had to go to church to pick up the boys cuz Jay was there with them for a practice with the band. I started to get the boys rounded up to go and Tyler was the first to listen. He looked at me and said, "I'm ready mom....I'm your favorite, right?" He says this often as he lays his head on my shoulder batting his eyes at me and trying not to laugh. I said, "Nice try, but guess what...I don't have any favorites, I love you all the same.....even when your brothers aren't listening to me."
Then Tyler says, "So, basically, our family is like a communist country. We all get the same treatment no matter what and everyone is always equal..even if they don't pull their weight"
Umm....okay, sure. Nice analogy, Tyler. LOL!
Looking back, what I should have said to that was "No, this is a dictatorship....I speak, you act."

Can you tell we talk about politics in our house?

No comments: