"Tell your children of Him, and let your children tell their children, and their children to another generation." Joel 1:3

Sunday, March 28, 2010

Sunday Snapshot: Brothers

With each pregnancy and birth of one of our boys, I was overjoyed at the thought of all these brothers growing up together.



I mean, how many boys can grow up with their very own, built-in, basketball team.




We always had our girl name picked out.....just in case. But deep down, I think I knew that I was meant to be the mom of a lot of boys.





They are protective of me, in a way that only a boy can be with his mom....even now, as young as they are. That special bond between a mom and her son is undeniable.





By the time I was due with our 5th, I thought it funny that some were still anxious to see what it was going to be. Had they not figured it out by then?




God obviously had a big plan for us. A plan that was far beyond anything we ever imagined 15 years ago....




....entrusting us with His children. Knowing that we could bring them up to be Godly men.



What an honor, when you look at it that way. He trusted us with the lives and souls of His boys.



It is an honor I feel blessed to have been given. I will do my best every day to make Him proud and reassured in His decision.

How could I not.....I mean, just look at those faces.




Head over here to see more Sunday Snapshots....
Ni Hao Y'all

5 comments:

Stefanie said...

Those beautiful boys! Looks like they are also the best of friends, too!
Loved all these pictures... it was fun to watch your family grow :)

Sue said...

Wonderful post about a growing family and soon there will be a girl to join her wonderful brothers.

Football and Fried Rice said...

Oh my goodness - what a fun tribute to ALL of the brothers!! I love their Halloween picture. I can't wait to see these little guys with a "real" girl running around! Just think, someday, you'll be the Momma to SIX girls, with all your lucky daughters-in-law!

Sophie said...

Oh your boys are so handsome!! What a blessing that you will be adopting a girl from China. I have 5 boys as well and 1 girl adopted from Guatemala, we've had her a little over 2 years now. My boys adore her and she just loves her big brother's. I know your boys will enjoy having a little sister.
Looking forward to following your adoption journey!

Anonymous said...

What handsome boys! Can't stop giggling over the last photo - handsome and funny to boot!

Blessings, Ashley