"Tell your children of Him, and let your children tell their children, and their children to another generation." Joel 1:3

Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Win

Last night, the boys had their varsity wrestling final four tournament. They played 2 matches to see who would get first place for the season. Since it was a Tues. I had to work, but I had made arrangements to get off early. It started at 5:30 and I knew I could get there by about 6:30 so I figured I'd miss the first round and then make it for the final one. I was right....but what I hadn't anticipated was that I was going to miss Tyler's match of the season. UGH....I hate that so much! As soon as I got there, I could tell they were in between meets and one of the mom's saw me and told me I just missed the best pin of the night. Our team was down by just enough points, with only Tyler and the one older kid left to wrestle, that they both needed to get a pin. Even a win would not have been enough...they had to get them pinned. Tyler was up first and he got his guy down and pinned in the first round. Now, this is the kid who has only won 2 matches all season....but seems when his team needed him, he really came through. The other boy got a pin also so the win put us in the match for first place. When I got into the gym, Jason saw me and just gave me this look like he was going to tell me something exciting....I said, I already know....I missed it. He said he was yelling so loud from the stands that he about lost his voice. I wish I could say that I remembered to give Jay the camera so he could record the match...but I had forgotten...of course. Well...I did make it for the start of the next round and we didn't win that one, it was close though. So the boys finished out in second place.
The JV plays next week on Friday so I'll be at that one and then they have the individual tournament next Saturday. I'll be at most of that also....I'm taking time off for it. I really hate missing their games. One of these days, It will be nice to not have to work nights or at least start earlier and get off by 6pm or something.

No comments: