"Tell your children of Him, and let your children tell their children, and their children to another generation." Joel 1:3

Friday, August 28, 2009

Doing hair

I can't wait until it's time for me to be done with daycare and I can go back to focusing on the job I actually enjoy....doing hair. I really love what I do, but this last year it's felt more like a chore just getting ready and trying to get there on time have proven difficult. I miss the days when I could take my shower, dry my hair, do my makeup, pick out an outfit....all so I could look professional and feel good while working. Nowadays I'm lucky if my clothes are clean and not wrinkled....my hair is not in a ponytail or dirty....my makeup is not put on in the car on the way.....and I don't have bags under my eyes. Not exactly the image I want to portray to my clients. I can't give 100% to any one thing in my life. I give a piece to my work....I give a piece to my daycare.....another piece to husband....another to my kids.....leaving not much else for myself. Not that stopping daycare will mean I can suddenly give everything to everyone...but it will certainly remove a huge chunk of where my energy is lost.
Tony asked me yesterday how much longer I will have to do daycare. I said hopefully not too long and that we are just getting enough saved up for the adoption. He paused for a minute and then asked..."How much does a little girl cost?" :)

1 comment:

Mindy said...

She's priceless Tony Baloney. :-)