"Tell your children of Him, and let your children tell their children, and their children to another generation." Joel 1:3

Wednesday, August 26, 2009

What a keeper

I forgot to mention that last Friday I was sitting on the couch talking on the phone when I hear Jason come in the door from work. One of the boys said hi and then that was all I heard. I kept talking just figuring he snuck upstairs or went out to the garage for something. After about 5 minutes I ended my phone call and got up. When I did, I saw Jay standing by the door holding a vase with a dozen roses.....just standing there waiting for me to see him. I started laughing..."have you been standing there this whole time?" "yep...Happy Anniversary" August 21st is the date of our first date that we celebrate. As I opened up the card I said "I can't believe it's been 19 yrs".....he goes, "19?....oops" I read the card and it said, thank you for giving the best 18 years of my life. HA! I'm still trying to figure out which year wasn't the best.

2 comments:

Kristin Jordan said...

Cute story - Nine years ago tomorrow Mike and I first met. :) We always like to celebrate (or at least acknowledge it somehow) as well.

Unknown said...

hahahaha! This is SO funny, by the way I LOVE your current background!