"Tell your children of Him, and let your children tell their children, and their children to another generation." Joel 1:3

Sunday, July 19, 2009

Happy Birthday Tony!

Yesterday was Tony's 6th birthday. It's always amazing to me how fast time goes by. Tony's birthday also marks the time since Jay returned home from Iraq. He got home 8 days before he was born......that time has also flown by. I can't believe it's been that long since he was away, seems like half that time.
For his birthday, we went to the theater to see Night at the Museum 2. It wasn't nearly as good as the first one, so that was a bit disappointing, but the kids liked it. We went with Helen, Paul and the kids and then back to our house for pizza and cake. We got him a new MP3 player that I had already downloaded all his favorite songs onto. He didn't take it off his ears until bedtime. He also got a new Wii game and wheel controller. He's downstairs playing that right now.


Friday night we met with our new Couples in Christ group for the first time. There were 4 out of the 6 couples that we are hoping to have in it. We had a really nice time and I think it's going to be a good group. At one point, one of the husbands made a 'global warming' comment that made me think we may be on the same page about stuff and then another of the husbands said he knew he'd like the evening when he pulled up behind our van and saw the McCain sticker. It took that comment and all of 2 seconds to realize that every one of us could have a political talk and all agree. This is my kind of group. :)
So, on a lighthearted note......I came home from work on Sat. afternoon and Tanner met me at the door with a hug and kiss. I then stood back and got a good look at him. Oh my gosh, he had on mismatched pj's from the night before (this is at 2:30pm mind you) and mismatched socks that were too big for him...one black and one blue. Not to mention, he still has a tatoo on his arm from a week ago. I really do take care of my boys.....but he looked like a total ragamuffin. Too funny.

No comments: