"Tell your children of Him, and let your children tell their children, and their children to another generation." Joel 1:3

Friday, July 8, 2011

The season of neglect

...at least for my blog it is.  My gosh, it's been almost 3 weeks since I last posted.  I think thats a record for me.....a bad one.  I have so much going on this summer with the boys that it just isn't on my mind to sit at the computer and write.  It should be.....I'm sure there have been plenty of missed opportunities to tell a story or two..... 
I could tell you about a couple random things the boys have said to make me laugh. 
Like the other night at dinner when Tony looked at dad....holds up a big spoonful of food....and says, "If I eat this, will you think I'm a man?"   You have to know Tony's personality to picture him saying this cuz it was hilarious.
Trae's been on this name-calling kick.  It's not mean-spirited, he thinks it's funny to see what outrageous name he can call his brothers.  Sometimes the things he comes up with make Jay and I look at each other with this look that says...."who IS this child?..."  His latest and most favorite is fat hobo. Hm...not crazy about the 'fat' part, but I know he does it to be funny, not mean. 
Then Tanner says to me recently that he is going to be a policeman when he grows up so that he can arrest people even when they didn't do anything wrong.  Um...okay...
And lately he calls Olivia 'sweetie' all the time and even told her today that she was the cutest thing with a cherry on top.  I mean really....how many 6 yr. olds do you know that are that precious.

The boys have been good, bad, and ugly so far this summer.  They have nearly drove me to drink and made me laugh all in the same day.  I suppose thats what happens when you have 6 kids.  If life were boring I would be feeling their foreheads and checking for fevers. 

1 comment:

Football and Fried Rice said...

Its not a season of neglect - its a season of busyness - and the best kind of busyness - the kind that involves your kids! There is nothing more important right now that laughing with (and occasionally beating) those kids of yours!!