"Tell your children of Him, and let your children tell their children, and their children to another generation." Joel 1:3

Friday, May 27, 2011

Tyler's awards Day

Yesterday, the 8th graders had an awards ceremony during school in the church where they recognize kids in all aspects of school. 
I was very proud of Tyler for receiving 2 awards.  One for excellence in Math.
And another given to kids who show an interest in reading and love of books with higher reading levels and various topics on a regular basis. 
He (and, frankly, I) was a little surprised he wasn't recognized for his leadership in Band.  That is probably the one I would have bet money on before hand.  I asked him if he was disappointed about that one and he said he was.  He knows he does a really good job and has been section leader for 3 of his 4 years of playing....but he said, rather matter of fact, "it's probably cuz I never practice."  
Um, yeah.  Sometimes there's a downside to something coming easy to you. 
All in all, I was very proud of him and all his accomplishments.  He's a really good kid. 
Oh, and one thing that made me almost as proud as if he had won it himself.......The boy that won the award for being an example of Christianity in his school was his best friend.   I'm so happy about that because it means he is choosing good friends.  This boy, along with his other best friend (these three are tight), are all going to the same High School this fall too so that makes me very happy.  I really pray that he continues to choose wisely the company he will keep during the next 4 years.
Congratulation Tyler!  You are a great kid and, better yet, a wonderful son.

1 comment:

Sue said...

Congrats to you Tyler, continue to do well....