"Tell your children of Him, and let your children tell their children, and their children to another generation." Joel 1:3

Sunday, May 8, 2011

Sunday Snapshot: Choosing Life

This Mother's Day is more special than usual.
Sure, I have all my plans for sitting around and being waited on.
But today I'm grateful to 2 woman who I've never even met.
My nephew, Ben, and our little Olivia were able to join our families and become our children because 2 women chose life when they didn't have to.
One from America and one from China..both places where, unfortunately, it would have been very easy for them to not carry these precious lives.
What a gift.
One of these mothers can start to find peace with her decision to give her son a better life because she knows the family that adopted him.
One gave up her child in secret, never knowing what her fate would be...only praying it would be more than she could give her. I pray for her and that she is able to sense her little girl's smiles and laughter, love and happiness...and feel peace in her decision.
What an awesome gift they gave.

I think about my mother in law and how she found herself pregnant at 17 in 1971. I wonder....had it been only 2 years later, would there have been someone pressuring her into not choosing life.
Just imagine if that had happened.
I wouldn't have my wonderful husband....a man who I have no doubt God had big plans for from the moment he was conceived.
God knew there would be a Tyler, Timmy, Trae, Tony, and Tanner from this baby growing in his mama 39 yrs ago.
If he hadn't been born, they wouldn't even exist....except in the eyes and heart of God, who had planned on their lives through Jason. Does He cry for all the babies that could have been from all the parents that never were?

So this is what today is really about..right.
Not how we, as moms, can get pampered and spoiled...although I'll take every bit of it.....
At it's core, it's about thanking your mom for life....or thanking your mom for adopting you and choosing YOUR life.
Every life is precious
Every life is planned
Every life is wanted by someone
Every life is a gift from God
Who are we to not give that life a chance

Happy Mother's Day to all who chose to do just that
What a beautiful day.





Ni Hao Yall

9 comments:

Cedar said...

What a beautiful family and wonderful picture of them!

Jennifer said...

That gave me chills! You are so right, so very, very, right! Happy Mother's Day!! :)

Sennie said...

What a beautiful post!
Here from Sunday Snapshot.

Sennie said...

And Happy Mother's Day :)

Unknown said...

Happy mom's day

Debi said...

Jen , all i can say is ...WOW!!tears..... joy....and warms my heart to know you as i do .. to think next year w shall meet!! yes we are as my trip will start in your state then off to meet Bran ,,Teri ,,, Andrea... still in planning stage but my mid west gals here wr come!!!

Sue said...

You wrote this so beautiful. Happy Mother's day

Football and Fried Rice said...

It makes you think of Mothers Day in a completely different light. A happy day for us, but a sad, sad day for the women who would give us this gift.

Happy Mothers Day!

Unknown said...

What a neat post - Happy Mother's Day.
Kelly