"Tell your children of Him, and let your children tell their children, and their children to another generation." Joel 1:3

Sunday, January 2, 2011

Sunday Snapshot: Life in Christmas cards

I thought it would be fun to do a post of all the Christmas card pictures I've sent out during the years.
I didn't do them every year until 2001 so there's some missing years in the beginning, but for the past 10 years they've been sent.

It's always surreal to me to look back on the first ones and wonder if I ever would have imagined then how my cards would change over the years.

I knew I wanted a big family, but to see it grow the way it has is far beyond what I could have imagined.

I remember the staging that went in to each photo for our cards.

Including one where the kids were getting yelled at and Jay and I were argueing.....can you guess which one that was?

I've loved coming up with new ideas for poses.

One of the cards never got sent out past my immediate family.....just didn't get to it and by the time Valentine's Day came around, I decided it was too late.

I still have 100 of them in the house.

The best thing is watching the family grow....

in numbers and in literal size.

And the excitement of next year is palpable....
with a new little girl, plopped right in the middle of all those boys.

What a great Christmas card that will make.

Ni Hao Y'all

1 comment:

Football and Fried Rice said...

Oh my goodness - those are some GREAT cards! I love the "Dairy Christmas" one :) so cute!, I cant wait to see what clever card you comemup with for next year! It's gonna be the best one yet!