"Tell your children of Him, and let your children tell their children, and their children to another generation." Joel 1:3

Monday, December 20, 2010

Bring on the I-800!!!!....even though it's wrong....

Okay, so I was totally stoked when I got home and found a treasure in the mail. Our I-800 (this is the immigration approval for Livi and it's step 2 of 5 that we have to get through in order to go get her) arrived about 2 weeks ahead of schedule! Awesome, right!
Well, almost.
Right in the midst of my celebration, I hear a heavy "You've got to be kidding...." coming from the kitchen.
It was my hubby.
The form said JACOB and Jennifer instead of JASON and Jennifer.
Um....who the heck is Jacob and why does he want our Livi?...
I had to go back and check our receipt certificate they sent us a couple weeks ago that had all of the info on it. It said to check it over and let them know asap if there were any mistakes.
All I could think was that I had missed the error and it was all my fault.
Well, that wasn't the case. It said Jason which means the misprint was just a total human error on someones part.
Someone in the Dept. of Homeland Security, no less.
Makes you feel all warm and fuzzy at night doesn't it, knowing that these are the same people that are there to protect us.
I realize that people can make mistakes, okay. But really?? This isn't just a simple form. This is a certified document allowing the immigration of someone. Probably need to get those things right.
Sooo.....I have to call tomorrow and let them know. They'll have to send out another one. It won't get here before Thurs. I'm sure. So, this will put another week on our time.
Ugh.....oh well, we're still close. Talk about stealing our thunder though.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jenny, So sorry to hear your I800 was sent incorrectly. Be super sweet when you call and just maybe they'll be sympathetic and get a corrected one out ASAP!!!!

Anonymous said...

Jenny - forgot to sign the last comment.

Kathy Sanders

Jenny said...

Hi Kathy!
That's what I told Jason too.....I'll 'kill em with kindness' and see if they'll even express mail it to me. Hey, you never know. :)