"Tell your children of Him, and let your children tell their children, and their children to another generation." Joel 1:3

Friday, May 7, 2010

Timmy's birthday

Wednesday was Timmy's birthday. I'm only a couple days late here. We did our usual birthday evening with the kids. Birthday boy picks dinner.....his choice was a shrimp and fettuccine dish I make....we do presents, and then brownies and ice cream. He has been asking for a pogo stick and a skateboard so we looked into both. I knew they carried the pogo stick at the toy store, but what I didn't know is that the cheapest one (for his age group) was $100. Sooo.....we went with the skateboard. He was thrilled! He loved it and he said he would think about buying the pogo stick with his birthday money. Personally, I'd rather he didn't. I think it's gonna be one of those things that's really fun for a little while, then loses it's excitement in a short time. Next thing we know it's garage sale material. We'll see about that one I guess. Tonight is Tanner and Molly's preschool program at school and everyone is coming over afterwards for cake and ice cream to celebrate Timmy and Adam's birthdays.

Started the morning with his 11 pancake....of course. I wonder if I'm gonna have to do that when they are 32? Ya know, come to their house in the morning before they go to work and make them a 32 pancake. hehe

We went outside after brownies cuz Timmy wanted to try out his skateboard. While we were out there, Tony wanted to try his 2-wheeler again (he's been working on riding it without training wheels). He got on, started to go and off he went....all the way down to the cul-de-sac and back. He just all of a sudden got it.

1 comment:

Sue said...

Happy birthday Timmy and way to go Troy