"Tell your children of Him, and let your children tell their children, and their children to another generation." Joel 1:3

Saturday, April 10, 2010

Big step

I'm so excited. Monday is our appointment with our social worker to go over the home study she has completed for us. I'm worried....er...anxious to see it all down in writing and what she said about us and how we come across.
I have a small detail to take care of with our medical reports because my doctor decided it wasn't important to follow the directions. It took him 5 weeks to get the report filled out and back to me and that was with me calling every week.....so, I'm pretty much gonna walk my butt in the office on Monday and tell them I'll wait right there while they bring it back to him to re-sign. The person at the agency that takes care of this suggested to me that I just write it up the correct way and see if they can just copy it onto their letterhead and have him sign. Simple enough....hopefully.
I'm really hoping that while we are at the agency on Monday we'll be able to meet with Jill who is the person in charge of China's Waiting Children program that we are going through. Wouldn't it be amazing to find a child on that list just waiting to be brought home by us. I don't get my hopes up about that possibility, I know it's a long shot, but it's still exciting to be able to finally look and see.
Jason and I are still hoping to be traveling by the end of the year. This is doable if we get a referral before June. If it comes after that, we're looking at the beginning of next year. Either would be fine, I'm just antsy. I feel like we've already been waiting for so long. It seems like longer than 3 months since we started the process because we've been preparing for it for almost 2 years. As much as I want the time to go by quickly, I'm still apprehensive because we just don't have the money we will need yet for traveling. We 'lost' $5000 of money we had anticipated getting between now and then. It happened because of 3 different unforeseen changes that we weren't expecting. So, yah, it wasn't really our money....yet....but we thought it was pretty sure thing and we were counting on it. I just have to keep believing that God will provide. If this is meant to be, it will all come through when we need it to.
So, for now I'm crossing my fingers on bended knees.

2 comments:

Mindy said...

So exciting Jen!! Can't wait to hear how it goes.

Sue said...

I will cross all my fingers, toes and anything else I can cross.... you will know when you find your daughter. Say hi to Jill on Monday for us.....and with the doctor. We did that and they were great about it.