"Tell your children of Him, and let your children tell their children, and their children to another generation." Joel 1:3

Thursday, December 3, 2009

It's official

Taking into account that nothing major changes in the next 6 weeks (loss of job, house fire, roof caving in....) I have officially decided that I am going to quit daycare in January. Can I get a WOOT WOOT!!! It's just not as worth it as it used to be. I was making twice as much most of the year and during the summer.....but now is different. Here's why. I'm going to go back to work on Fridays like I used to and I am totally willing to go in on Wednesdays too....morning or evening.....if I need to. If I am booked, I can make up all that I am making now with daycare just adding those 2 days (only about 10 hours, I might add). Kinda seems like a no-brainer when you put it that way. Course, I have to be booked....but that will work out. The more I'm there, the easier it will be to continue to build my clientele. It's suffered over the past year and a half. When I'm not there that much, I don't have time to fit in new clients and even some of my regulars find their ways to other chairs that work more convenient hours.
I'm a little nervous....excited...but nervous to change my daycare countdown. What if I jinx it? What about that whole 'roof caving in' thing I mentioned. Ya just never know. But......I have to be positive. Okay, here goes. I'm positive that I am tired of doing this. I'm positive that I will enjoy my cruise (have I mentioned my cruise) SO much more! I'm positive I will be less crabby, tired, and overwhelmed. I'm positive my house will be cleaner. I'm positive my husband and kids will be happier. I'm positive I will sleep in on my kids' days off of school. I'm positively excited that it helped us get completely out of debt. And I am POSITIVE that it will all be worth it! Thank you Lord for the opportunity to make this extra money so that we can realize our wish to bring home the little girl that you have created and formed just for us.
WOOT WOOT!!! ....er, I mean, Amen.

2 comments:

Kristin Jordan said...

You crack me up. :) Good for you - I'm so happy. Just think of how you are going to RELAX on that cruise!!! Let me know if you need help with Tanner on Wednesdays too.

Jenny said...

I know...now I'm more excited than ever to go. Course, if I could only lose 20 pounds in the next 7 weeks....I'd be golden. :)