"Tell your children of Him, and let your children tell their children, and their children to another generation." Joel 1:3

Sunday, October 11, 2009

This week in review...

That title makes it sound like I have some real reflecting to do and stories to share, but......I don't. Nothing really went on this week, nothing interesting that is. Mom, Kristin, Amy, Mindy and Lindsey and I went out to dinner and a movie on Friday night. That was fun. We wanted to do at least something since our girls weekend got canked, so we went to a new place called Mongos where you make your own stir fry and watch them cook it up for you. It was really good. We also saw the movie Love Happens....that was pretty good...it made me cry a lot.
So I ended up putting myself back on Saturday's books to see if I could fill back in again. I did, but only from 9 to noon. It was okay though, cuz I ended up doing some family hair instead.
So, at about 11:00, I was at the front desk saying goodbye to a client when 2 people walked in. I caught a glimpse of the first and did a double take....Oh My Gosh!! It was Maggie and Ann from high school! Two of my very good friends from long ago. I. Could. Not. Believe. It! Well, we made quite the scene in the lobby of the salon. They had come for a spa day together. I can't tell you how nice it was to see them. We always had so much fun and laughed so much.....I felt like I was 18 all over again. What a treat that was. We are definately going to have to get together real soon....especially after I learned how close they are. Maggie took a picture of us....



Today we are going to watch the Vikings and have a fire in the fireplace. It's going to be very cold so it's a good day for it. I'm also making chili for dinner.
Why is it when the weather gets cold....we want chili. Maybe that's where it got it's name.

No comments: