"Tell your children of Him, and let your children tell their children, and their children to another generation." Joel 1:3

Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Fun weekend

We had a blast this weekend! The weather could not have been more perfect. We got there on Friday around 3pm and got all set up, grabbed Little Ceasars for dinner, and said goodbye to Jay as he went into work for a few hours. They needed extra work for the State Fair week...it stunk that he had to leave at the best time for the adults when we're playing games and the kids are doing their own thing, but the money was too tempting to pass up completely. Oh well...
The kids swam a while but the water was way down this year so it was very shallow. They still had fun though.






On Sat. we got up and headed to the State Fair. I love the fair! We got there at 10:30am and didn't get back to the campsite until 11pm. The kids were spent by then. We still didn't even see everything we wanted to....that thing is huge. Helen and Paul and the kids met up with us later in the afternoon which was fun. We walked around the grandstand with pangs of jealousy as we listened to Reo Speedwagon start singing 'I can't fight this feeling any longer....' Next year if they are there again we are going!!
I had my Australian potatoes, a Fair tradition..and I bought the ornaments for the kids at Holly's Hobby's, another Fair tradition...and we went on the 'Ye Ole Mill' ride, another fair tradition...although I think Jay was disappointed we were in seperate boats as he always takes full advantage of the dark tunnel *wink wink*.
I read an article in Reader's Digest once that featured the "best" of things and Minnesota was listed as having the Best State Fair. I agree....after all, where else can you pretend to be a farmer, see an Elvis impersonater, pay $4.00 for a diet coke, go to a building full of Republicans, avoid the building full of Democrats, lose your youngest child (yep, that happened for about the longest 5 minutes of our lives), go down a 200 foot slide, did I mention pay $4.00 for a diet coke, see a lumberjack show, run into 3 diffent people you know in a crowd of 200,000...and see a 200 pound pumpkin all in one day. Pretty Awesome!











On Sunday, we really just chilled. The kids played and swam, Amy and I played some scrabble, the hubbys played frisbee vollyball and kickball with the kids. It was a good day.
I really love camping with the Jay and the boys. I love that they will have this as a good memory when they are adults. I am looking forward to many more fun summers to come.

No comments: