"Tell your children of Him, and let your children tell their children, and their children to another generation." Joel 1:3

Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Grrrrr!!

How is it possible to love children so much and yet get so mad at them that you throw things at them? I lost my temper in the van tonight. They were so loud and obnoxious in the back seat...wouldn't quiet down...wouldn't stop argueing....wouldn't give us a moment's peace....so, WHACK! I whipped a DVD case back at them...it hit the ceiling hard and came down in the middle of the oldest 3. THAT got them quiet. Quiet enough to hear me lose my mind! Two guesses on whether or not they made a SOUND for the next 15 minutes.
It's so comforting to know that resorting to violent outbursts will get their attention. They don't teach THAT in any of the parenting books.
God, help me.

No comments: