"Tell your children of Him, and let your children tell their children, and their children to another generation." Joel 1:3

Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Timmy's 10!

I can't believe it. I mean, seriously....all parents say that when their kids have birthday or reach milestones, but it really is amazing when I stop to think. It was 10 yrs. ago today that I was sitting in the hospital with my 1 day old new baby boy. Makes me want to cry just thinking about it. Not because I'm sad it's gone, although time does fly and make one miss those days, but because I'm so amazed at the boy he's become and the boy he's becoming. He's wild and crazy and loud and great...because he's also helpful, sweet, compassionate, and so affectionate. He'd give me a hug, with a kiss of course, every 5 minutes if he could. He tells me he loves me as much as all the other boys combined...and they tell me everyday. I've been his first 'girlfriend' for quite a while now. Hey, I'll take it as long as I can.
Last night we went to Stillwater with Helen and her kids and to Leo's diner. It was good food and we had fun. We walked around a bit and climbed the stairs to the top of the cliffside. They thought that was pretty fun.
I'm mostly excited for Friday. We have invited some of Timmy's friends over for a surprise party and sleepover. I can't wait to see his face...esp. since he has been so sad about not getting a party. He say's I promised him one and that it's been 5 yrs. since his last one. I could hardly stand to look him in the eye on Monday and tell him that we just couldn't this year and that I would try and make it up to him this summer with a sleepover. I seriously almost wanted to tell him, he was so upset. It will all be worth it to see his face when he walks in the door and sees his friends. I will have some fun pictures that day.

No comments: