"Tell your children of Him, and let your children tell their children, and their children to another generation." Joel 1:3

Sunday, May 10, 2009

busy, busy

It's been a few days. We've been so busy around here....more than usual.
First of all, Timmy's party on Friday night was a big hit. He was very surprised. We had some pizza and headed to Vertical Endeavors for 2 hours of rock climbing. The boys absolutey loved it! We got home by 10:30 and made sundaes and opened presents. Timmy and his friends camped out in the toy room and didn't quiet down until 2am. That didn't stop them from waking by 7:30 though. Geez..
Timmy came up to me at the rock climbing place and said this was the best birthday ever. A far cry from the tears just a few days earlier. :)
Yesterday, after working and then getting garage sale things done, we went to mom's for a Mother's Day dinner....no kids. Somehow it still managed to be loud in the house though. HA! We aren't a quiet family, that's for sure. It was fun to be able to enjoy the conversation and dinner without the interuption of kids there. Is it too early to start crossing off days on the calendar until the cruise?
So, here we are today...Mother's Day. Well, it wasn't exactly how I'd plan it if I had my way...but just because it's a 'holiday' doesn't mean things don't go on as usual. This whole garage sale is stressing me out. I am excited about how much stuff we will have, it's bound to be successful....but the work involved!! Holy cow, I hardly know where to go. I woke up at 7:20am this morning and instead of going back to sleep, I laid there thinking about how I have no idea how I"m going to get this all done and got up. I was out in the garage before 8am and worked until 9:30. It's amazing how much more you can get done on your own sometimes. Tyler did get up and so he was out there helping some too.
I had to get inside to get breakfast started for when Cindy was coming over. We had a nice brunch and then we were going to go to a movie. WE WERE...but that's not exactly what happened.....I made brunch and afterwards, I was so tired I was getting a headache. I literally make myself sick sometimes, it's rediculous. I told Jay that I just didn't think I could sit through a movie. So, instead, he and Cindy went and I went up to bed. I took a nap until 4:30pm. As nice as that was, I woke up all stressed because I had wanted to spend some time with the boys before having to go in the garage again. Plus, we were going to 5:30 mass at Epiphany. All in all, a lot got done for the sale. The whole garage got organized in the 3rd stall which was huge! I've got all the big stuff priced, now I just have to go through all the little things and price those. I'm still wondering how we get it all in the garage once Mindy brings over her stuff and Chuck and Amy. It's been really nice to have everyone help us out by giving us stuff though....can't complain about that. I just hope it's all worth it and we have a good turnout.
This is Tanner's way of helping...he's 'washing' everything in sight.

These are the before pictures....or the during....and there's more to come. Not sure where it's going to go. LOL


No comments: