"Tell your children of Him, and let your children tell their children, and their children to another generation." Joel 1:3

Friday, May 1, 2009

Decisions, Decisions...

We are so excited and anxious to get the adoption process started, but have begun to have some reservations about when exactly we should do it.
On one hand, the sooner, the better....on the other hand, it can't happen too soon for financial reasons.
When we listened to the webinar last week, they said that once a home study is done (around 4 mos.) that the longest it's ever taken a person to get their referral is 6 mos....the LONGEST. Wow...that would mean less than a year from start to finish.
I have this ideal time frame in which I think this should happen (end of next summer or early fall of 2010 would be perfect), but I'm trying to stay realistic and realize that I can't control this, and that, actually, I shouldn't try and control this. I have to believe...no I DO believe that God has a plan for us with this process and that He has a child for us that He's orchestrated since before I even met Jason. My main concern is that things go so fast that we won't be ready with the money needed at the end. I do not want to have to pause or delay the process because of that, so all I can do it trust. Trust the process, trust my gut, and mostly....trust God, that He will show us the way.

No comments: