"Tell your children of Him, and let your children tell their children, and their children to another generation." Joel 1:3

Monday, May 4, 2009

Decluttering

It's amazing how much stuff one family can accumulate in a short time. We were going to have a garage sale next weekend, but quickly realized yesterday that there was no way we'd be ready, so we're putting it off one more weekend. Half the garage is already full of stuff including things that a lot of ppl have brought over for us to sell. We put word out that we were having the sale as a fundraiser and got a good response. I hope we can get a good amount of change to make all this work worthwhile.
Last night, I read the book "You Are Special" by Max Lucado to the boys. It was recommended to me by Annie when I had told her about the trouble Tyler was having at school with the kids. It was a really good book and the boys really liked it. Tyler got it right away....he knew why I had gotten it and why I was reading it. Allowing God to be the one who values us and not letting others put us down and doubt ourselves is so hard and so important at the same time. I hope he can do that.
I only have 2 kids this morning (along with Tanner) and so I'm tempted to go do something somewhere, but I realize that this would be a really good opportunity to get a lot of things done for the sale. We'll see if common sense wins out over procrastination.

No comments: