"Tell your children of Him, and let your children tell their children, and their children to another generation." Joel 1:3

Tuesday, September 6, 2011

First day of school


First thing I want to say about the first day of school is that I feel like I am always unusually excited for it.  This year though took the cake.  I love my boys so much, bet I'd be lying if I didn't say that I count down the days until school starts like a child waiting for Christmas.   This summer was especially hard because Jay was put on second shift from late July until late Sept.  That's about the worst schedule you can give to a family man.  Too much going on with sports and my job to have him away from 1:30pm until late night.  A little reprieve during the day is just what this tired mama needs sometimes. 
This year the boys entered 1st, 2nd, 5th, and 7th grade.  Wow, I think I must have blinked one too many times.
 This was a huge year for us.  Tyler started high school!  I really can't believe it.  When did this happen?  I still remember his first day of kindergarten so well.  Watching him get on that big bus and waving goodbye without hardly even looking back and me getting choked up as the bus carried my baby away.  Oh my gosh, I just realized as I wrote that what a different mom I've become.  I've gone from crying on their first day of school to crying on their last.  That can't be a sign of a good mother. 
I'm so proud of him and all my kids.  I have to put that trust in them as they go to school that they will be good kids and kind to others.  I have no doubt they are.

No comments: