"Tell your children of Him, and let your children tell their children, and their children to another generation." Joel 1:3

Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Tony turns 8

I know I always say this, but I really cannot believe that Tony is turning 8! 
Wow, where does the time go. 
It was 8 years ago, yesterday, that I gave birth to this beautiful sweet boy. 
He was my one and only 'almost' bald baby....
He was born just 8 short days after his daddy returned home from the war in Iraq....
He was 2 weeks early...
and he was the sweetest little thing ever....and still is. 
Oh my gosh, how I love this boy.  He is such a little stinker, but he sure has a tender heart. What a precious combination.

The day started the same as every kid birthday in our house......with a birthday pancake in the shape of their age.  I decided to tease him and made a 7 first.  His face was priceless....
...but I fixed it and all was good again. 

I decided to ask Kristin and the kids to join us yesterday for an afternoon of bowling.  I thought it would be fun to have a party with some of the cousins. 




Kristin had a card for him with some serious loot in it.  He was pretty excited about that.


They had a ton of fun and I'm so glad we did it.  It was too hot to even be outside so this was a perfect thing for us to do to celebrate.

Then in the evening, we hung out at home with some of the family and a dinner picked by the birthday boy himself, of course.
He chose "walking taco's" for his birthday dinner.  That meal has become a tradition for our family whenever we go camping and it was on the weekend of the 4th, while he was enjoying his 3rd one, that he told me he wanted this for his special dinner. 


So...
we ate...
we opened gifts.....




we found the imfamous missing Easter egg in the coffee container.....
(obviously, Jay and I don't drink coffee or we would have found where that sneaky Bunny hid that last egg)
And let me just say.....
"Peeeee  Yououuuuuu" 

we blew out candles....


and we ate ice cream cake.

What a fun day! 
Happy birthday sweet boy!

1 comment:

Allison said...

Happy Birthday Tony!!
Love Kris,Allison, Gunnar and Gavin