"Tell your children of Him, and let your children tell their children, and their children to another generation." Joel 1:3

Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Trying again...and again...and again....

In the spirit of the upcoming summer season, I've decided it's time, once again, to get serious about getting healthy.
I just finished watching the Biggest Loser Finale and was crying through most of it. Just seeing the difference in these contestants and the way their smiles have changed from when they started losing weight....
....made me want to be there
In a big way.
So, at the risk of failing...yet again...and doing in front of anyone reading this...again....I'm re-starting my diet blog.
I never got rid of it...just gave it a break for a while.
Okay, so it was a year.
Sheesh...I just think if I had stuck with it....where I could be right now.
But....I digress.
It's gotta be better to start over again...and again...and again...well you get the picture...than to never try again.
I know this is a cop-out, but I am starting after we get home from camping this Memorial weekend.
Not because I want to be able to eat everything possible....
Okay, maybe that is why.
But really I am hoping to use some quiet time in those few days to make some serious menu plans and snack idea lists.
I plan to make it a family affair.
I know Tyler wants to change some things before heading off to High School this fall....
And I know Jay could use some changes himself.
We all could.
Below is the button that will bring you to my healthy eating blog. I'll restart it on Tues. but you can check up on what I started last year.
I just did and I was surprised at how well I really was doing for those couple weeks.
I am determined to do better this year and stick with it.

P.S. I am eating a Hostess Ho Ho while I write this. Is that bad?

6 comments:

Jennifer said...

Oh my, I'm with ya. I didn't watch the Biggest Loser all season but landed on it last night for the finale and gracious I cried too. I so badly want to lose weight before we travel to China (hopefully next spring/summer)!!

Mindy said...

You can do it!

Anonymous said...

Yes, you are very very bad!!:) You can do this, and I am one who knows what a stuggle it is.

MOM

johnston said...

Jenny - my weight is a constant battle. I so understand how you feel.....

Debi said...

umm i eat ho ho's and i still am looseing LOL great job girl!! i will be your cheerleader!!

Debi said...

yesssss for hoho's ,, i eat them and still loose! lol I JUST EAT THAT THEN I AM FULL FOR THE DAY ,, THATS MY PROBLEM... i will be your cheerleader