"Tell your children of Him, and let your children tell their children, and their children to another generation." Joel 1:3

Friday, April 8, 2011

Big girl

I had to go to the mall to get some new tennis shoes for Tyler the other day and on the way out we passed a Claire's Boutique.  I went in looking for any new headbands...of course...and suddenly got the urge to get Olivia's ear's pierced.  I knew Jay wouldn't mind so I did it.  I actually ended up going somewhere else because I thought they were too expensive....I think I might just be cheap....but I just didn't want to spend $50 for her to get them done.   Tyler and Timmy were with me and they were making me feel so guilty for wanting to do that.  They just thought she was going to cry and it would hurt too much. 
I know, probably not the best way to bond with her....holding her head while they punch holes in her ears....but honestly, she cried for less than a minute and that was it.  We got a mirror and she was smiling at them. 
Now, she points to her ears and shows everyone. 
Sooo cute.
We got home and I wanted to see how long it would take Jay to notice.  He picked her up and saw them right away.  He really liked them.  I think he was glad he wasn't with to see her get upset like that. 
So, I would have pictures, but I got there and took about 2 pictures before the battery died.  I knew it was really low, but I hadn't charged it since I hadn't planned on needing it for anything that night. 
Oh well, I have a before picture.......
                                       .....and an after.  Pretty girl. 

3 comments:

Lindy D. said...

Livi looks SO cute in pierced ears. It's perfect with her haircut. How fun that she likes to point them out to people! I'm glad they make her happy!

Football and Fried Rice said...

LAUGH! OUT! LOUD!

We were home for about a month and I went to get Mya's ears pierced (without telling my husband). I actually called him ahead of time and said, "Oh, baby, I just got Mya's ears pierced and they are adorable." When he didnt freak out too bad - I actually did it :) HA! What they dont know.

But Mya FREAKED out as soon as the girl put on her rubber gloves. When she handed her a sucker at the end - Mya threw it at her. Oh yeah, it wasnt pretty at all. But she LOVES them! And two years later, she loves to change them! it's fun. I love being a girly Momma!!

Sue said...

So cute....can't wait to see them in person