"Tell your children of Him, and let your children tell their children, and their children to another generation." Joel 1:3

Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Say what?!

Poor Olivia has had some major diaper issues since we got her 3 weeks ago. Let's just say, she has either been constipated or just the opposite....never just in between.
Today, I was changing her and she was a total mess!
I mean, mess!
Like...lay her on a garbage bag so the floor is protected....kinda mess.
Tanner was standing there at one point and plugging his nose, saying 'ewww' when he said to me..
"Is that what China poop looks like?"
Oh my Lord....where do my kids come up with this stuff?!

3 comments:

Lindy D. said...

Has Livi had a pediatric exam since she's been home? It is not uncommon for children adopted from China to have stool parasites, such as giardia and ascaris. Symptoms include diarrhea and foul smelling diapers. Parasites can easily be passed to other family members. I believe they can be cleared up with medicine. I hope you will get your sweet girl checked out, if you have not done so already.

Jenny said...

She's actually been constipated since we got her....going only once each week. It wasn't until this time after we'd been giving her some medicine and prunes to help that it all seemed to kick in at once. She has her Ped. appointment on the 11th, but if it continues I'll be sure to call before that. Thanks for the heads-up.

Anonymous said...

I can't imagine... Madison is constipated or explodes, but thankfully she has always done it in the toilet. She will sit on there for 15 minutes going. She is hard to regulate. There is a fine line between two much fruit and not enough. I can't seem to get it right. If you figure it out, let me know!
Kathy