"Tell your children of Him, and let your children tell their children, and their children to another generation." Joel 1:3

Sunday, March 6, 2011

Day 4 - One more day

Today we left Beijing and flew to Guangzhou. This is where we will now be until the last day here in China. We got checked in to the White Swan hotel and it is, by far, the nicest place we've ever stayed at. It's beautiful! We have only seen a small portion so far because by the time we checked in, put our bags in our room, walked down the street to get some dinner, come back.....we are beat....again. I'm saying that a lot lately, aren't I? Our days are so full that we're pretty tired by the evening. I am keeping tonight's post short and will try and update tomorrow with more hotel pics and stuff. I'm hoping to do that before we go to get Livi cuz I'm pretty sure you'd all think I'd lost my mind if I posted hotel pics instead of her. haha....The plan is to meet our guide in the hotel lobby at 2:15pm to go to the Civil Affairs office and meet Olivia for the first time. It's hard for us to believe that at this time tomorrow night, she'll be with us. We just had a knock at the door and it was someone bringing us a baby crib. That makes it pretty real seeing that next to the bed. This hotel is known for hosting adoptive families so we have seen several already with their new little ones in tow. Very cool. I suspect we will be getting to know some of them throughout the next couple weeks. Well, that's all for now. I will get some hotel pics tomorrow and try and post them before going for our GOTCHA DAY. Til then......adios! Whoops, wrong country.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Jen & Jason, so glad you made it to the white swan safely! You will lave it there! I am going to RUN to my computer tomororw morning to see the GOTCHA pictures in face I may not sleep tonight. Prayers for an easy transition and for Livi to feel all your love right away.
Love you guys,
Helen, Paul, Jacey & Alex

Mindy said...

I cannot wait for the next update! It's hard to believe you're right there...so close to her.

Like Helen said, I don't know if we'll be able to sleep tonight, imagining what's happening when you finally see her for the first time. Prayers for all three of you that everything goes well. Love, Kaylee and Mindy

Dan and Amy said...

Jen and Jay-
we are soooo excited for you guys! I cannot believe you are one more day away! We will be anxiously awaiting tomorrow's update! I agree with Mindy and Helen too I wont sleep tonight thinking about when you get Livi. Sending prayers and love to China!

Love,
Dan, Amy, Adam, and Christopher

Anonymous said...

As I write this, it is already Monday and your day to get Olivia. Gives me the chills. We love the White Swan. Can't wait to see your next post - the ones with Olivia in them!!!
Jim, Kathy, Mackenize & Madison

Anonymous said...

Hi Jenny!

I am so glad I found out about your blog! I was just thinking about you and your family. I am happy to find out you are well on your way to welcoming this sweet little girl into your family. God bless you as you experience this amazing time together. Promise me you will stop by preschool with Olivia and the boys when you get home and get settled. Until then, say hi to Tanner for me. I have been missing his beautiful smile! :) (love the pic of the boys) Love and best wishes.... Barb Ferguson

Football and Fried Rice said...

Do you have her yet!?! You MUST by now! ssssooooooo excited ;)