"Tell your children of Him, and let your children tell their children, and their children to another generation." Joel 1:3

Saturday, February 5, 2011

What a week

Things have gone by like a bit of a blur since Wednesday. I really cannot yet wrap my head around the thought of leaving for China in just over 3 weeks....really??

I've been thinking about Livi and wondering what she'll look like and what she'll act like when we see her.

The whole thing gives me some serious butterflies.

I know I want a smile on my face for her when she first sees us.....but I'm not sure I can muster the strength to not be a complete wreck.
I get emotional just thinking about it....what the heck will I be like when I'm actually living it. Good grief.

Today, a woman in front of us at church turned around and counted, then looked at us. "Five boys?"
Yep.
Then she looked at them and asked "So have you ever wanted a sister"
Definitely. They jumped right into telling her about Livi. They tell it with such excitement that you can't mistake their feelings about it.
They can't wait either.
I told the woman that we will meet her 4 weeks from today (most likely)....and it hit me how soon that was and how fast that time would fly.

This is just so fun.

The whole thing.

All the waiting, all the paperwork, all the changes, all the delays, all the excitement, everything.

It's gonna be so worth it.
I mean...just look at that face and those chubby little legs.
How could it not be.

2 comments:

Tina Michelle said...

Wow, it is getting so close. How exciting for you!

Anonymous said...

Jenny, I was crying in the room just waiting for the girls to come in each time. I really lost it once they came in. To this day, when Mackenzie tells her adoption story she talks about my happy tears. It will all be okay with time. Madison tried to run from us screaming. Today, she is a very happy well adjusted 3 year old! Keep the faith! Some children cry. Some scream. Some shut-down. You'll adjust depending on Olivia's needs. We will be with you in spirit.
Jim, Kathy, Mackenzie & Madison