"Tell your children of Him, and let your children tell their children, and their children to another generation." Joel 1:3

Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Livi turns 2!

Yesterday was Olivia's 2nd birthday.
We wanted to celebrate, even though she's not home yet, so I got some cupcakes and we ate in honor of her.
I got pink and purple ones....cuz I can now.

When I got home, the boys and Jason had decorated the foyer and kitchen in pink streamers and balloons and Timmy was making a sign.

All day, I thought about her and all day I wondered.
I wondered if the orphanage was celebrating with her too.
I wondered if she got to eat some cake.....

Or blow out some candles.

I wondered if she got sang to....
or if she even knew if was her birthday.
I wondered if she could feel our love all the way across the ocean.....
and I wondered what it will be like next year when she's sitting here,
at the table,
under the sign,
on the chair with the balloons,
and feeling all the love of a family.

Happy Birthday, Sweetie.

2 comments:

Sue said...

What a wonderful birthday for Livi, God is making sure she knows you guys love here. How did it feel to have pink cupcakes?

Football and Fried Rice said...

Happy 2nd Birthday to your baby girl! This is her last birthday without a family - WOW!!!!