"Tell your children of Him, and let your children tell their children, and their children to another generation." Joel 1:3

Thursday, October 28, 2010

Out of the mouths of babes

Every Monday, I volunteer at school in the lunchroom so I get to see the boys for a bit. Last Monday I was talking to Tanner while he was eating and noticed a super cute little Asian girl sitting next to him. She looked like she was probably Chinese. Of course, I wanted to just squeeze her cuz she was so darn cute.
She asked me if I was Tanner mom...."yes".
I asked her what her name was...."Amelia".
She got up to go outside and I leaned down to Tanner...
"ya know, Tanner, Amelia looks a lot like your new sister looks....she has the same black hair and those brown eyes...."
Tanner said to me without missing a beat...
"Yah, 'cept Amelia doesn't have a hole in her lip like our sister does."
Very true....and too cute.

Yesterday, Tanner had show and tell and brought a picture of Livi to show his class. When he got home, I asked him how it went.
Good.
Did you tell them about Livi?
Yes.
Did you tell them where she lives?
Yep, I told them she lives in China right now, but that mom and dad are going to get her and bring her home.
Did the kids ask you anything about her?
Yea, they asked why she has that hole in her lip.
(Apparently this "hole in her lip" is an intriguing thing for kindergartners)
What did you tell them?
I told them that was just how she was made.
Awwwwwww, how sweet is that....

2 comments:

Football and Fried Rice said...

Oh, and sweet Livi's "hole in her lip" is going to be used time and again to teach others about the love of Jesus -I can guarantee that God made Livi that way for HIS glory!

Jenny said...

Sara, so true. I can't wait to see what He has in store for her and us.