"Tell your children of Him, and let your children tell their children, and their children to another generation." Joel 1:3

Friday, October 15, 2010

Dream

The other night, I had a dream about Livi. It's the first time I've dreamt about the adoption at all. Whenever I was pregnant, I would have these dreams...some weird...about the baby or delivery or whatever. It's funny to me that I hadn't had one about the adoption until we got matched with her. Kinda like this is my "pregnancy" with her. Ya know, where you kinda know this little child, but not really. You know she's on her way and about the time frame she's coming.
So, my dream was this. Jason and I had just gotten back from China with her and we went over to my mom and dad's house for them to see her. Everyone was over and excited to meet her for the first time. We were all upstairs and she was coming up the steps, but stopped on the last couple so all we could see of her was from the shoulders up. She just looked at everyone and all the commotion and excitement and got a very scared look on her face. Then she started crying, held up her arms towards me, and walked the rest of the way right up to me and said "me want mama". I was shocked. I looked at Jason and said, "Did you hear that?? She called me mama. And her English was perfect." I was so excited. I scooped her up and hugged her and she calmed down. It was so cute and just made me wake up even more anxious to go get her and bring her home so we can start having those experiences for real.

No comments: