"Tell your children of Him, and let your children tell their children, and their children to another generation." Joel 1:3

Sunday, September 19, 2010

Sunday Snapshot: Missing Pink

Pink is not a good color on me, so I don't wear it.
Because I don't wear it, it is basically non-existant in our house.
After all, with 5 boys and a former Marine living here, you don't see many pink shirts, bows, socks, or even toys.

Lately though, I've been really achin' for some pink around here. Maybe it's because I know it's coming soon....or it could be that I'm just tired of camoflauge and blue. Maybe if we weren't going through this adoption, the thought of pink wouldn't even enter my mind. But...we are...so...it is.

Personally, I think that a little pink around here will be a nice change of pace. Maybe having some pink will calm the place down a bit. Maybe?
Maybe the hint of girliness in the house will be just what we need to stop breaking bones and breaking things.

A pair of pink sunglasses on the table (right next to the spiderman ones). Some little pink shoes in the foyer (beside the pairs of football cleats). Some pink heeled socks (amongst the dozens with holey toes). A little pink sweater in the laundry (next to all the grass stained jeans).

And a little black haired, brown eyed sweetie smack dab in the middle of this.....

and of course......wearing PINK

Ni Hao Y'all

5 comments:

3 Countries 1 Love said...

One of my three daughters is ALL about pink and I just love it!

Shasta said...

I know what you mean. I have no pink at my house either. At times I would really like some....thank goodness the Lord has blessed me with a bea-u-ti-ful granddaughter...she will be spoiled to no end! (insert BIG ol' smile here).

Sue said...

Congrats on your little pink in the house referral. Can't wait to hear more about the darling.

Stefanie said...

Oh goodness... how things have changed since you shared this post, Jenny!! You will have LOTS of pink around your house and SOON :)
Can't wait til we get our PAs and we can both share about our newest little ones :) YAY for PINK!!

Jenny said...

No kidding....look at the difference a week can make. Bring on the pink!