"Tell your children of Him, and let your children tell their children, and their children to another generation." Joel 1:3

Wednesday, August 25, 2010

VBS

The beginning of August is the time of Vacation Bible School at church. We missed it the last 2 summers because I was doing daycare. Not this year. Not only did the youngest 4 get to all participate, Tyler and I were volunteers for the week as well.
I was a 4th grade governer, which means I had to help get the class of 10 kids from one station to another throughout the morning. Chapel for singing, bible teaching, crafts, drama, rec time, snack, etc. It was really a great way to be involved because I was able to be with the kids all day, but didn't have to actually teach the lessons. Trae was in my class so I think next year I'll help with 7th grade when Timmy is that age. On the Thurs. of the week, they have an evening program and pie/ice cream social.
The program is the best part. All the kids get to go up front and sing the song they've been working on all week....actions and all.


Then the 7th graders do a more profound song and dance that is always very moving. I can't wait for Timmy to be a part of that next year.

No comments: