"Tell your children of Him, and let your children tell their children, and their children to another generation." Joel 1:3

Friday, July 30, 2010

My new nephew

I'm sooooooo excited to say that I have a new little nephew, Bennett Anthony. He's actually already 2 1/2 weeks old, but auntie Jen hasn't gotten her butt around to blogging for weeks. But it was not for lack of excitement.
Pat and Lindsey have waited so long for this day and I couldn't be happier for them. They will make wonderful parents!
Little Ben sent them on a whirlwind 2 weeks ago when they found out they had been chosen to be his parents by a birthmother, and chosen, of course, by God to be his mom and dad.
Within hours they were on their way to Texas to meet their new little guy. Mom actually got to drive down with them, 23 hours straight and I don't think they slept at all.
They met him that night they arrived and have been in love ever since. It's always amazing to talk to first time parents becuase you can tell that they 'get it' now. Everyone knows that you love your children, but until you have your own you can't even fathom just how strong a love it is. You would walk through fire for that child the instant you meet them. Pat and Lindsey now know that love and I couldn't be happier.

Sweet Ben arrived in this world on July 12th weighing 4 pounds 9 oz. and is absolutely beautiful. The new family is on their way home as I write and I'm beside myself with excitement to finally meet the little peanut.

No comments: