"Tell your children of Him, and let your children tell their children, and their children to another generation." Joel 1:3

Friday, July 2, 2010

Heading out and an update

I'm all done packing for our weekend camping trip and we're just waiting for Jay to get home from work in about a half hour. I figured I'd take a few minutes to update our adoption process.
We are all done with the dossier requirements that are our responsibility. However, we are now waiting only on the immigration paperwork to get processed so we can send everything on to the next step. Unfortunately, when you're waiting on a Gov. agency, the time frame is anyone's guess. I'm really hoping that we get it back in the next 2 weeks. We were originally supposed to get our prints done on July 13th, but we walked in last week and got them done instead. We were pretty excited about being able to get in so much earlier than our appt. but then we found out we needed to call our case worker there to let them know what we had done or else they wouldn't process them until after our July 13th date. Sooo...that was a week wasted, but I did call on Tues. and let her know. She wasn't very receptive to it and said that she could not do ours 'out of order'. So, who knows.....it's out of my hands at this point and I need to be okay with that. I'm getting very antsy though. Seems like we've been doing this forever.
I'll be home on Monday and have some camping pics.

No comments: