"Tell your children of Him, and let your children tell their children, and their children to another generation." Joel 1:3

Sunday, June 13, 2010

Sunday Snapshot: Fishing

One of the many great things about living in the Land of 10,000 Lakes is that, well....there are 10,000 lakes. And to be a Minnesotan means you take full advantage of each and every one of them. Whether it's 90' outside or 20 below, there is always something to do at the lake.
We swim, we skate
We fish from the dock, we fish through an ice hole
We go cross country skiing, we water ski
We go boating on the lake, we drive on the ice.
It's great, really. Always something to do and never a long drive to get there.

Today was a fishing day. Well, a wading and fishing day actually. It was supposed to rain so I didn't think we'd be there for long, but the rain held off and the fish were biting.

The boys LOVE fishing! Not many birthdays go by these days without something on the list that has to do with catching the big ones.

Rods, lures, tackle box, net, minnow bucket, fillet knife, rubber worms, you name it, they want it.

The best part about going fishing is that it is just about the best free thing to do as a family.

Today, my sister and niece joined us along with 2 of Tyler's friends that slept over last night.
We made a picnic for lunch. Thank goodness my sis always has her hand sanitizer with her cuz their hands were dir-her-teeeee. Although I'm pretty sure no kid ever got too sick from fish slime and a bit of worm guts....I'm just sayin'.

I love to see hubby helping the boys with their casting and catching.

I love to see their faces when the bobber starts to, well....bob.

I love to see the huge smiles as they show off a 2 oz. sunny.

I love the excitement of seeing them catch their first northern or bass.

I love seeing Trae, who is my neat-freak-of-a-kid grab a worm and cringe when he has to break it in half.

I love that I can sit on the blanket in the grass and just watch and relax....this is dad's territory (though I was quite the fish catcher and cleaner in my day)

These days, I relish the role of observer and official picture taker.

Most of all, I love to see something that ALL of them love to do together.

Cuz just like 'there's no crying in baseball'....there is no arguing in fishing and THAT, to me, is priceless.

Ni Hao Y'all

1 comment:

Monica said...

Great photos! Looks like fun was had by all.
Blessings,
Monica