"Tell your children of Him, and let your children tell their children, and their children to another generation." Joel 1:3

Saturday, June 26, 2010

My kids make me laugh!

I keep forgetting to post this and I want to be sure to since I don't want to ever forget it. Tanner, among the rest of them, just cracks me up with some of the stuff he says.
Last week we were at a screening for him for kindergarten. He gets very quiet and serious when he's doing stuff like this with someone he's never met. There was one point where the woman asked him to name some things in categories. Like, can you name some colors for me? Can you name some letters for me? Then she asked, can you name some animals for me? Very quietly, he says..."a tiger..a leprechaun...a lion.." I'm like, HUH?? Leprechaun?? Where the heck did that come from? I started chuckling under my breath cuz he was so serious. I felt myself getting the 'church giggles'. I had to stop looking at him cuz I would just keep shaking my shoulders and laughing and I didn't want the lady doing it to see me. Mom's are supposed to be quiet during these things, ya know.
At one point, she gave him some time to get up and stretch and take a short break. Out of the blue, Tanner says...."we're eating healthy now". The lady was impressed and asked him what that meant. "well, mom's making healthy snacks...and healthy dinners..." She asked him if eating healthy meant he got to eat at McDonald's every day. "no!...that's not healthy". She said, yep, you're right. It's a treat, but you shouldn't eat there all the time.
So, conversation and stretch time ended and it was time to get back to business. About a few minutes into more questions, she was asking him the definitions of words...
What does castle mean....
What does umbrella mean....
Then she asked....what does the word double mean....
Tanner, totally serious and without missing a beat said...."um, can I have a McDouble please?" Oh my Lord! This time, I did not hold back, I cracked up! So did the woman doing the test. I looked at her and said "hence the reason we're eating more healthy now". I mean, this would have been funny enough on it's own...but the fact that we had JUST had the conversation about healthy eating and not going to McDonald's. I could not wait to tell that one to Jason. Good humor!!!
I swear, it's worth all the chaos that kids put you through just to get those moments where they say the best things and make you laugh.

No comments: