"Tell your children of Him, and let your children tell their children, and their children to another generation." Joel 1:3

Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Lots and lots....

So much has happened the past couple weeks. I remember a friend of mine years ago could never do anything or get together....she was always saying how busy she was and how she had too much to do so we never could make anything work. I remember thinking I didn't ever want to be that way.....the sort of person who was always too busy. Well, it's happened. Wrestling has been done for 6 weeks and I thought it would give us a breather, but that doesn't seem to be the case. I finished doing daycare so I just knew I'd suddenly have more time than I knew what to do with, but that doesn't seem to be the case either. I just seem to be filling it with other things. Not bad things....I'm able to be at the kids' school more to chaperone or see their afternoon concerts, I'm able to keep up with the housework much better.....but between having a garage sale, being busy at and volunteering for the Springfest, and getting ready to go camping this weekend....I have barely had a moment. Okay, let's be honest....I have had moments. I've had plenty of moments in the middle or at the end of the day where I could have come here and done some gabbin', but I couldn't get motivated to do it. And don't we all know that when you start doing something (or stop doing it in this case) it becomes habit and then easier to continue that habit. So, here I am....7:30am on a Wednesday morning. The kids just got on the bus and Tanner's still sleeping so I have a moment to write. After all, I hate to keep dissappointing my millions of faithful readers. *wink wink*
Here's the quick rundown on this month.
Last weekend we had a garage sale to help out with our adoption expenses. We told our family and close friends that if they had any stuff they were gonna get rid of anyway, we'd take it off their hands. Everyone really came through more than we ever could have expected. They did the same thing last year and it's been so nice to have such great support from everyone. The sale wasn't as busy as I'd like to have had it and Saturday was a total bust. We got rained out in the morning and couldn't be open in the afternoon because of Jason playing at the Springfest...but for those 2 days, we made about $900 so we are very happy about that. Hey, that's a lot of quarter stuff. The boys even sold hot dogs, chips, fruit snacks, and pop to help the cause.






So the school had their annual Springfest and it's huge. We didn't co-chair the volunteer effort this year like we did last year, but we were still a part of it. Jason played drums with the LifeTeen band that he plays with every Sunday at mass. They had a 2 hour stint on the stage and it was a lot of fun to see.




See anything in this picture that would drive Jay crazy?? Anything....anything at all?? Pretty obvious to anyone who knows him at all. Let's just say this Miller man was NOT happy about having to be on a Bud stage. HAHAHA!!! I told him I was gonna keep the picture and blow it up to bring to the summer company picnic. I wonder what his boss will think of him promoting the competition. LOL! Oh well, he was just happy to play. It's probably one of his favorite things to do...play the drums. And I'm tellin' ya...he is good! It just comes so naturally to him. He can hear a song once and just play. Now, if I could get that same sort of response outta him with cooking.....we'd be golden.

Okay, so one last, and very important, thing. The day before the sale started, one of my friends came over to help me get organized. She stayed for a about 2 hours. Before leaving she started talking to us about the adoption and how happy her and her husband are for us. She said that they loved what we were doing and that they really felt like God had His hand in it so they wanted to help out. By this time, I'm starting to cry (and make her cry too) and she handed us a check for $500. Oh my gosh, I can't tell you how much that meant to us. I somehow blubbered out 'are you sure...' She wouldn't let me finish. She said that people were so good to them and that they just wanted to pay it forward. We thanked her profusely and promised to do exactly the same as soon as we could. What an amazing couple. We are very blessed and continue to be amazed by the angels among us.

1 comment:

Sue said...

Congrats on your garage sale sucess. I hear you about the rain. It did it to us 2 out of the 3 days for us last year. We have been graced by some very special people too with our journey to Erin. I am still amazed. Have a great time camping this weekend and hope the weather still as beautiful as it was today.