"Tell your children of Him, and let your children tell their children, and their children to another generation." Joel 1:3

Monday, November 16, 2009

What a week

Busy, busy, busy! There just never seems to be enough hours in the day. I thought yesterday would be a good day to clean, relax, do my 'snapshot sunday' post....but I opted to spend some money instead. Ha! I called my sis in law and we headed to Ikea. I had only been there one other time, years ago, and really wasn't crazy about it. Well, I don't know if my tastes have changed or what, but I could have gone pretty nutso in that place. I was looking for stuff for Christmas, (can't say what yet on here cuz I have a certain son who just might see this) but I can tell you afterwards. Let me just say that I am SOOOO excited for Christmas and the huge surprise we have for one of our kiddos. When I'm done doing daycare and we can maybe focus on re-doing and updating some of our house, that will be the place I go first. I haven't mentioned to Jay yet what I spent there....hey, he hasn't asked. It was not bad considering what I got and besides....I feel like I got it all for free. I had the chance to make a little extra cash on Sat. night. I'm not saying how.....all I'll say is "thank you, John the dealer, for all those blackjacks". That's all I'm saying, nothing else. My brothers are such a bad influence on me (I'm blaming them......).

I just told a daycare parent this morning that I would not be able to watch her son any longer. She told me a few weeks ago that her husband was getting a new job that would have him home Monday through Thursday, so could I just watch him on Friday. I said yes before giving it any thought. It wasn't until a couple days later that it occurred to me he would be here until 5pm on those Fridays. Um..no. I'm getting spoiled with everyone else being gone by 3:45 and having only this boy until 4:30. But NOW....if he's only here on Fridays and until even later, it's just not worth it to me, and that's just what I said to her. I was really dreading it actually. I really like his parents and he's a nice kid too, but for the $10 I get on the days he's got Kindergarten (every other Friday) it is not worth him being here over an hour longer than any other. She was pretty disappointed. She said she just hates to take him out of my care because she feels so relaxed with me watching him and totally trusts me with him. A nice compliment from a mom. She even asked if I would reconsider if she was able to find a way to pick him up by 3:45. I told her I would 'consider' it. I didn't want to make the same mistake as before and answer to quickly. So, we'll see.

No comments: