"Tell your children of Him, and let your children tell their children, and their children to another generation." Joel 1:3

Sunday, November 8, 2009

Sunday Snapshot

You may remember that last week I started something called Sunday Snapshot. Well, this week, I'm gonna brag about Tyler. Hey, if a mom can't brag about her kiddo, who can.



Tyler is my oldest, my first born, the one who made me a mama. He was our only one not born in Minnesota. We were stationed in North Carolina, so New Bern is his birthplace. Jason was deployed to Italy when he was 2 mos. and was gone until he was 9 mos. old, missing his very first Christmas.



Tyler turned 12 this year and has started 7th grade. As always, he is doing so well. He's the sort of kid who has to study very minimally to get A's and B's in school. His teachers always comment on what a nice kid he is......this year, his new Language teacher told me that she's the sort of kid she could take home. What a nice compliment that was.



He's played the trumpet for 3 yrs now and absolutely loves it. His band directer says he has a natural gift.

He just finished his 2nd year of football and really enjoys playing. He had a bit of a rough time this year, but is not going to quit....just switch teams next year. He loves it.



He opted out of wrestling this year. His season doesn't start until January so I'm really hoping he reconsiders.

Tyler loves to fish and really wants to learn the ins and outs of golfing. We went camping a lot this year and he would be happy just standing on a dock fishing all day. That is so his nature.





He's such a kind heart. He's not too old...yet....to come up and give me a hug and ask how I'm doing today. Sometimes he'll even come up behind me on the couch and play with my hair and ask if there's anything I need. Gosh, I love that boy.

He's anxious to get his own room, something we've promised him is coming when I'm done doing daycare, and having some privacy from his little brother.

He's a great big brother to his 4 younger ones and he is so completely excited to have a little sister.
This summer he was having a really hard time with me doing daycare. He was frustrated and tired of it....I know how he feels.....so we went to the park, let the kids play, and sat down to talk.
I told him we were going to make a pros and cons list. We started with the cons to having me do daycare. He came up with things like....They get into my stuff, I have to share mom, mom gets tired easier, we are stuck at the house all summer, mom can't chaperone field trips.....fifteen things in all that I have always done, but can't for the last year because of doing daycare. Then the pros list. It had only one thing on it. Three words, to be exact. Getting a sister. We then looked at the list.....heavily weighed in favor of me quitting daycare....and I asked him. If I told you I could quit doing daycare, but then we would not be able to adopt....would you be happy about that? He said no. I want you to finish. I want a little sister.

She'll be lucky to have you, sweetie.


Ni Hao Y'all

5 comments:

Mindy said...

sniffle sniffle. He's such a good kid. :)

Sue said...

Your little girl will be lucky to have all of you guys as a family. You guys rock.

Jenny said...

Aw, thanks Mindy and Sue....that's so nice.

Stefanie said...

Tyler sounds like such a sweet guy! You are so right, she WILL be blessed to have him as a big brother!
I try to enjoy every moment I have with my boys BEFORE they get too big to love on their mama... and I secretly pray that they never get too big ;)

Valerie and Jeff said...

Hi from a fellow mom of ALL boys. Although, I only have 3! I can only imagine the activity level in your house (hee hee). I loved reading about your adoption journey and how it has been in your heart for so long. I'm so happy for you and that you are on your road to a daughter (a little break from all that testosterone!) Stop by our blog sometime.
Blessings,
Valerie