"Tell your children of Him, and let your children tell their children, and their children to another generation." Joel 1:3

Sunday, October 4, 2009

Whadayathink?

I thought I'd give my blog page a crisp new fall look. I like it, but I've always been partial to fall colors and flowers. Unlike my mother in law.....she made me promise years ago that if she dies in the fall, we are not allowed to have autumn flowers. No oranges or reds or burnt yellows.....I'm supposed to somehow find tulips in the middle of October. HA! Lets just hope for now that Jesus calls her home sometime in mid-may....and not for many years, I might add.
Last night, Jay and I went with mom, dad, Mike, and Kristin to a concert for KTIS, the Christian radio station here. It featured Michael W. Smith along with Matthew West and Phil Stacey (the awesome bald Navy guy from American Idol a couple years back) It was a great concert and so uplifting to see that many Christians gathered in one space to just sing praise and worship to God. There was also a 1000 voice choir in the stands behind the stage that backed up the singers....WOW...that was just amazing! I could have listened to it all for hours.
Today, we went to church and then Timmy had a game (they won AGAIN and go into the playoffs this week as the number 1 team and undefeated). Tyler is fishing with a friend and we're finally home just chillin' to the sound of football games and the smell of crock pot stew in the background. These are the things I love about fall. I can't wait to start having fires in the fireplace.

No comments: