"Tell your children of Him, and let your children tell their children, and their children to another generation." Joel 1:3

Thursday, September 10, 2009

The things I hear....

Oh my gosh, as if it weren't enough that my days are spent with conversations with 3 and 4 year olds....a girl who insists on naying like a horse all day....one who talks like he constantly has a mouth full of potatoes....he did this and she did that....we're hungry, we're thirsty, I have to go potty, I miss my mommy.....now I can't even find refuge in the salon when I work. It's usually a nice change of pace to be able to work while visiting with my clients, most of which I've done for years and really enjoy talking with. I thought the situation on Thursday night was bad when one of my clients had gotten totally drunk waiting at the bar for her appointment to start. I tried to ignore her for the most part...get done...and get her out of there (not before calling the police, mind you, that there was a drunk woman about to hit the streets...but that's a whole 'nother long story). So, fast forward to Tuesday I was cutting a clients hair that I've done forever and she starts telling me about her dog's anal glands.....HUH?....popping the anal glands, to be specific (you're welcome). HUH?? So my question is...what the hell do I say to that? I mean really...."Wow, that's interesting" or "Fascinating, I never knew" Or just a simple "Uh huh" I opted for the last response. I could have gone my whole life not hearing that story. It amazes me what people will decide to share and think you're interested in.

1 comment:

Mindy said...

I want to hear the drunk client story!