"Tell your children of Him, and let your children tell their children, and their children to another generation." Joel 1:3

Thursday, September 24, 2009

Couples meeting

Last night we went to church to attend a Couples in Christ meeting for all the groups. It was sort of a kick off for the year to start. One of the components of the night was that one couple from each group come up and explain what their gang was all about. The reps from our group were me and Jay. I had been coughing all during the presentation leading up to that and so when it was our turn to talk, I had to have Jay bail me out a few times when my voice couldn't talk. We only talked for about 8 minutes and it went fine. As we were walking up to talk about our group and what it was going to be for us as a couple and for our faith, I wondered quietly if I should mention the fact that we had an argument in the car on the way over.....Hmm.....or that it went all the way up until we literally walked into church....Hmmmm....Oh well. I love when you have to put on that smile and act like you are enamured with your spouse when really all you want to do is shake and strangle him. Buuuutttt......I suppose if we were all perfect couples, we wouldn't need a group like this. Maybe there will be a lesson one month about how to deal with my husband...though I'm sure he's hoping for the same thing with me. We got home, watched an Oprah show from yesterday and Tuesday's episode of NCIS, all the while ignoring the issue surrounding the argument. Sometimes, the rug that we sweep stuff under is a welcome sight. This morning, it doesn't seem like such a big deal anymore.....it never does.

No comments: