"Tell your children of Him, and let your children tell their children, and their children to another generation." Joel 1:3

Friday, June 12, 2009

Our newest arrival

Yesterday we had a new addition to our growing family. Christopher James was born at 10:44am and looks great! Jay and I went last night after I got off work to see him. He is sooo adorable. His little face is all crooked from being smooshed up against Amy's ribs for so long...he was a feet first baby...so she had to have a C-section.
Dan and Amy found out back at week 20 that he has club feet and would need some casts, braces, and therapy for his first year at least. I've seen pictures of it, but never in person. After holding him for a bit, Dan wanted to show us his toesies. It was the most precious thing I've ever seen. His little crooked feet with all 10 toes pointed towards eachother and sort of overlapped. It almost got me choked up....I told Dan 'I want to cry, but not in a bad way'. I just meant that it was almost a cry that you have for a child that you first meet that you love so much already....not sorrow for his little imperfect feet, but almost a protective sort of "it's okay baby..you're perfect to all of us" He's just precious.

No comments: