"Tell your children of Him, and let your children tell their children, and their children to another generation." Joel 1:3

Sunday, June 21, 2009

Home sweet home

As much as I like to get away and have a week of relaxation, there's always something nice about just being home. My own bed, my own everything. We came home Friday night since I had to work Sat. morning and that worked out best. I was able to get up at a normal time rather than try and leave the cabin at 5:30am.
Trae and Tanner weren't feeling well by the time we were leaving and within a second of walking in the front door, Tanner threw up in the foyer. Molly and Sam were sick at the beginning of the week and now 3 of the kids and myself, I think, have come down with the same thing. Kinda hard to avoid when we're all in such close contact for a week. The only good thing about catching a sickness from someone else is that you sort of know how it's going to pan out. Like we all have sore throats, but I hesitate to get strep tests for all since I know that wastn't the case with Molly and Sam. The other symptoms are all the same too. I'm thinking after a couple days, we'll all be good as new. Tomorrow will not be fun with 10 kids here.
One good thing....when I walked in the door on Friday night, between getting Tanner to the bathroom and cleaning up the floor, I remember thinking....Geez, I don't remember the house being so clean when I left. Well, it wasn't. HA! Turns out, Cindy and Erin came over while we were gone and cleaned the whole house. Jason knew all about it and gave them the key to get in. What a treat that was to come home to!! The house definately needed some work, but the things they did that I just love are those things that I never get any time for. It was one of the nicest things anyone's ever done for me.

No comments: